Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Year To Live, A Year To Die

Rebecca Peterson courageously remembers and shares what it is like to live when someone you love is diagnosed with a fatal illness. I really admire her because she lets people know the real story.

I have known several families that have gone through this and the truth is that it's not as the movie of the week would like us to believe it is. The reality is that not all of us can transcend our humanness to make this an almost spiritual event. I would say most of the time situations like this do not bring out the best in us.

When I was much younger, I remember watching a couple in their thirties with three young children going through this. I remember thinking, the spouse that was "taking care" of the dying spouse seemed a bit removed from the situation, and wondered why he wasn't devoted like the a spouse taking care of their afflicted loved one is portrayed in the movies.

This answers many of those questions for me.

0 comments:

Iraq Deaths Estimator
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP