Saturday, December 23, 2006

Top 20 Dumbest Republican Quotes


TOP 20 ALL-TIME STUPID REPUBLICAN QUOTES

20. The implication that there was something wrong with the war plan is amusing." --Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, on criticism of his management of the Iraq war

19. If you’ve seen one city slum, you’ve seen them all.-- Spiro Agnew

18. A good many things creep around in the dark besides Santa Claus.--" Herbert Hoover, US President

17."I like the color red because it's a fire. And I see myself as always being on fire." --California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

16. Capital punishment is our way of demonstrating the sanctity of life."-- Orrin Hatch

15. It’s like the neighborhood I would have grown up in, I think, if I had have grown up here." --Alan Keyes, on the Chicago neighborhood he chose to rent in after moving to the state to run for the U.S. Senate

14. If you think the United States has stood still, who would have built the largest shopping center in the world?-- Richard M. Nixon

13. It may come as a shock to you who live out in the real world, but occasionally we do something up here. Not often, I admit, but sometimes. For example, I think the House has passed National Peach Month so far this year and we expect to act on it soon." --Senate Majority Leader (and Presidential candidate) Robert Dole of Kansas in 1982

12."If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave.—Gerald Ford (on Nixon and Watergate)

11.The Democrats just want to ram it down my ear with a victory---George Herbert Walker Bush

10. Any lady who is first lady likes being first lady. They may say they don’t like but from my experience I know they like it.-- Richard Nixon

9. Isn't that the ultimate homeland security, standing up and defending marriage?" --Sen. Rick Santorum

8.These are not bad people. All they are concerned about is to see that their sweet little girls are not required to sit in school alongside some big overgrown Negroes. President Eisenhower commenting on racial segregationalists after the Brown vs. Board of Ed decision.

7. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three nonfatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable, and we're going to do something about it" --President George W. Bush

6. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But I didn't live in this century." Vice President Dan Quayle

5. "President Washington, President Lincoln, President Wilson, President Roosevelt have all authorized electronic surveillance on a far broader scale."--Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, testifying before Congress
(Quick! Somebody phone Al Gonzalez and tell him there were no phones or electricity during the Washington and Lincoln administrations)

4. I feel the best way to ensure Americans' freedom is to tighten restrictions on that freedom in any way possible. Only through wiretaps, illegal searches and seizures, unfettered government intrusion, a controlled media and a complete crackdown on free speech can we ensure the liberties of all people." -- Attorney General John Ashcroft

3. I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman" -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. "What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is."- Vice President Dan Quayle

1. Hmmm, uhh, hah -- ummm -- I, the answer is -- I haven't really thought of it that way, heh, heh. Heh. Here's how I think of it. Ummm -- heh heh. First I've heard of that, by the way, I, ah -- uhh -- the, uhh -- I, I guess I'm more of a practical fella. Uhh. I vowed after September the 11th that I would do everything I could to protect the American people. And, uhh -- my attitude, of course, was affected by the attacks.ha ha ...ummm Let me see... I knew we were at a war. I knew that the enemy, obviously, had to be sophisticated, and lethal, to fly hijacked airplanes, uhh, into -- facilities that would, we would, killing thousands of people, innocent people, doin' nothing, just sittin' there goin' to work."--President George W Bush, after being asked if the war in Iraq and the rise of terrorism are signs of the apocalypse

These quotes are just my own subjective opinion of stupidity, and if you have stupider quotes by all means step forward and we’ll have a stupid quotes duel to the death.

By the way I tried to include a diverse sample of Republican quotes, but I had to place a 2 quote limit on Dan Qualye, and George W. Bush or else they would have swept the entire top 20.

0 comments:

Iraq Deaths Estimator
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP