Sunday, March 18, 2007

Removing Organs Before the Patient is Dead?


Call me stingy, but I know I want to be dead as a doornail before they remove anything from me. I don't want doctors with scalpels in hand, hovering over my not-quite-dead-yet body anxiously waiting for the first sign of lifelessness to slice and dice me, only to prove how wonderful they are by saving someone else's life.

Some doctors and bioethicists, however, say the practice raises the disturbing specter of transplant surgeons preying on dying patients for their organs, possibly pressuring doctors and families to discontinue treatment, adversely affecting donors' care in their final days and even hastening their deaths.

0 comments:

Iraq Deaths Estimator
Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP