The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), a highly secretive "power-tool of the 1%", and is not really about trade at all; rather, it's about "putting into effect a binding legal system of international governance for by and of the big multinational companies", according to Lori Wallach of Global Trade Watch..
The TPP is so destructive to domestic policy space that it would even limit how governments can spend tax dollars.
In one blow could, the TPP could:
- offshore millions of American jobs,
- free the banksters from oversight,
- ban Buy America policies needed to create green jobs and rebuild our economy,
- decrease access to medicine,
- flood the U.S. with unsafe food and products,
- and empower corporations to attack our environmental and health safeguards.
Chirbit - Lori Wallach Interview